Houston Hall


Houston Hall was completed in 1881 as a gift of the later H.H. Houston of Philadelphia, and was originally used as a seminary. In 1959, the seminary was disbanded and Houston Hall was converted into a male residential community. In the 1960’s, the basement of Houston Hall was used to house the offices for Student Publications. Since 1961 Houston Hall has received many renovations and improvements, most notably a new heating system, renovated bathrooms, and a roof replacement. Houston Hall was a three-story 44-bed upper-class male residence hall with community bathrooms. It is not presently in use.