Cresson Hall was built in 1870 with funds secured from the Freedmen's Bureau through the efforts of General O.O. Howard, then a trustee of Lincoln University. It was reconditioned and refurnished in 1961 and 1966. The entire structure was used as a residential community until 1965 when a partial Health Center was built onto the North end of the 1st floor. In 1969 the Health Center was expanded to its present size. Cresson was a 54-bed upper-class female residence hall with community bathrooms and a laundry area located in the basement for the residents. It is not presently in use.