Student Information

Student Information

Accessibility Services staff works with students with disability to determine and provide reasonable accommodations to allow equal access to university programs and services; this is a interactive process. Upon enrollment with the office, Accessibility Services Coordinator,  will work with you, your course instructors and any other relevant faculty or staff to arrange reasonable accommodations that will not fundamentally alter the academic standards of your courses. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Accessibility Services Coordinator (484)-365-5213.

Please be aware that accommodations are not retroactive.

Students must register with Accessibility Services first and submit required documentation of a disability.


Accommodations – University Level vs. High School

Individualized Education Program (IEP) and 504 Plans are not acceptable documentation for college. An IEP is a contract between the student and the high school and while high schools and colleges both fall under Section 504 of the Americans with Disabilities Act, colleges fall under a different subsection.

Accommodations may vary in college from those received in high school because the rules that apply in college are different from those for K-12. It is the students right and responsibility to request accommodations. Privacy laws prohibit sharing of certain information with others, including parents, without the student’s written consent. To learn more about students with disabilities transition to postsecondary education please visit Office for Civil Rights transition guide for students. Contact Accessibility Services office if you have any questions.


Lincoln University adheres to Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FRPA) guidelines in regards to student records and privacy. Student disabilities and accommodation documentation is kept securely apart from student academic files. Disability and accommodation information is released to faculty and staff on a need-to-know basis only. These records are not released outside of the university without a students written consent unless otherwise permitted or required by law.