WebAdvisor Quick Reference Guide
To access WebAdvisor go to http://webadvisor.lincoln.edu
- From the main menu, select “LogIn”
- Input your user name: Username = firstname.lastname, all lower case, no capital letters
- Example: john.brown
- Input your password: If this is your first login attempt use your default WebAdvisor password
- The first time you sign into WebAdvisor, your password will be your 6-digit date of birth in the format of mmddyyy. Example birth day of February 1, 1980, the password will be 020180.
- Once you are logged in select either the Students or Faculty tab to open and view various functions.
Can't Remember Your Login Credentials?
- Click "Main Menu" > "Account Information" > "What's my User ID?" or "What's my password"
- If you are using your student ID number to retrieve your information, you MUST include any leading zeros
PLEASE NOTE: The first time you access WebAdvisor, you will be prompted to choose a new password. Your new password MUST be 6 to 9 characters long and MUST include both letters and numbers with no special characters (!@#$%^&*). You are encouraged to use the password “hint” in case you lose or forget your password in the future.
DO NOT GIVE YOUR LOGIN ID OR PASSWORD TO ANYONE!
Resetting your password
- From the main menu, select “What’s My Password” the tab above “Contact Us” in the bottom right hand corner of the page
- Choose the middle option “Reset my Password”
- Enter your Last Name and your Social Security number OR your Colleague Id; note that you use one or the other.
- Click “Submit”
- From the drop down window, choose and email account that you can immediately access to send your temporary password too.
- Click “Submit”
- Click “Okay”
- Retrieve your temporary password from the email account you elected to send the temporary password to.
- Logging in: From the main menu, select “LogIn”
- Input your user name: Username = firstname.lastname (ALL LOWER CASE)
- Input your password: Your password is the TEMPORARY password that you received in your email
NOTE: the password contains a period at the end in the original email. Enter ALL of the information as it is displayed EXCEPT the period. Copy and paste in the password field on the login screen.
- Once you are logged in you will prompted to RESET your password.
- Input your username: Username = firstname.lastname (ALL LOWER CASE)
- Input the OLD password: NOTE – this is the TEMPORARY password that you were sent.
- Input a NEW password: This password MUST contain at least six(6) characters but no more than 9 characters and MUST contain at least one (1) letter and one (1) number
NOTE: the password will be REJECTED if it does not fit these specifications and you will be unsuccessful in your attempt to reset your password