COVID 19 Information Center: The use of face masks is required in all indoor spaces regardless of vaccination status.
Career Fair Preparation
Career Fair Preparation Sessions
Students are encouraged to attend one of the sessions below to be better prepared to have effective meetings with representatives from both graduate schools and employers.
How to Prepare for the Career Fair
- Create a resume that’s approved by Career Services (call 484-365-7102; firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Research the list of job/internship openings (email to all Lincoln accounts two weeks before the event) on the websites of 5-10 organizations above; apply online (if possible) for no more than 3 openings per organization
- Find at least two jobs or internships to apply for online. Notify Mr. Simpson of the details about what you applied for at least three days in advance of the Career Fair.
- Prepare questions and notes that the student then brings with him/her to the event
The Day of the Career Fair
- Make sure to have a professional appearance.
- Before "browsing" all the organizations at the Career Fair, visit your "favorite 5" organizations first and pre-determine which order you will visit each one! You may pick up a map of organizations for the Career Fair when you visit the registration desk to check-in. NOTE: This process should take no longer than 5 minutes at the registration table and 5 minutes per table that you choose to visit.
- Remember to have firm handshakes and a warm smile.
- Collect a business card from every representative that you meet at the Career Fair. You should write (or e-mail) a professional thank you note to each representative within 24 hours of your conversation.