COVID 19 Information Center: The use of face masks is required in all indoor spaces regardless of vaccination status.
Special Collections and Archives
The Langston Hughes Memorial Library houses materials relating to the Black Experience and to Lincoln University, as well as Rare Books and Gift Collections.
- Registering and Requesting Materials
- Rules of the Reading Room
- Reproducing and Photographing Special Collections Materials
- Permission to Publish
Thanks to a grant from the Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission (PHMC), Lincoln News and Lincolnian issues from 1925 through 2003 are now available from the Langston Hughes Memorial Library at Lincoln University. Articles, editorials, poetry, etc. by Lincoln University students, such as Kwame Nkrumah, Nnamdi Azikiwe, Langston Hughes, and Gil Scott-Heron, appear on these pages, as well as news items regarding the campus, the local community, the nation, and the world.
For searchable, electronic files, click here: Lincoln News/Lincolnian Online.
- Africana (AFR) – Books by or about Africans or relating to Africa.
- Black Periodicals – Serial publications relating to Africa or the African Diaspora
- Digital Collections – Electronic copies of historical materials including searchable files of Lincoln News/Lincolnian Online and Kwame Nkrumah Digital Information Site.
- Gift Collections – Books, manuscripts and artifacts donated to Lincoln University
- Lincoln University Archives – Institutional records of Lincoln University
- Lincolniana (LINC) – Books published by the institution, or by or about alumni or faculty
- Lincoln University Masters Theses – by Lincoln University graduate students
- Rare Books – Limited and supervised access
- Special Negro Collection (SNC) – Books by or about the descendants of Africans living in the African Diaspora