Online Summer Sessions
2021 Online Summer Sessions
Undergraduate Online Registration
Registration opens April 13 on WebAdvisor. Learn more about registration. Registration for undergraduates is open for online courses during both summer 2021 sessions.
Download the pdf version of the flyer.
Why take summer courses at Lincoln?
1. Persist to graduation faster.
2. Maintain your routine of learning and studying throughout the summer.
3. Recover credits you may have failed in a previous semester.
Current List of Courses
More courses are forthcoming. Check WebAdvisor often for updates.
Lincoln will offer two six-week summer sessions:
|6 Weeks (Session A)||Day||Date|
|6 weeks (Session A)||Mon-Sat||May 24 - July 3|
|Classes Begin||Mon||May 24|
|Last Day to Add/Drop||Wed||June 2|
|Last Day to Withdraw||Sat||June 19|
|Classes End||Sat||July 3|
|Final Grades Due||Tues||July 6|
|6 Weeks (Session B)||Day||Date|
|6 Weeks (Session B)||Mon-Sat||July 5 - Aug 14|
|Classes Begin||Mon||July 5|
|Last Day to Add/Drop||Wed||July 14|
|Last Day to Withdraw||Sat||July 31|
|Classes End||Sat||Aug 14|
|Final Grades Due||Tues||Aug 17|
Financial aid may be available for Session A (May 24, 2021 - July 3, 2021). All undergraduate students planning on registering for online summer sessions are required to complete a 2021 summer school financial aid application. Contact Financial Aid for further information.
Beginning April 13, all students can register via WebAdvisor. There are no restrictions on who can register. Students may continue to register until the end of drop/add for Summer A or Summer B.
Technical & Training Requirements
You are required to complete an online orientation training. You can begin completing this as soon as you enroll. You will be required to email your completion badge to your professor.
Students in an online course must have access to a desktop or laptop computer (PC or Mac) with a stable Internet connection. All LU students have access to Microsoft Apps while they are enrolled at Lincoln University. Installation directions are located on the IT Support page. Professors may require additional software, which will be specified in the syllabus.
Recommended Browsers for Canvas
- Internet Explorer/Edge and Safari
- Taking quizzes or exams on a tablet or smartphone
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are online summer courses?
- At Lincoln University online courses are courses that utilize a web-based Learning Management System (LMS), (currently, Canvas), to present all of the face-to-face classroom work. Online courses are fully asynchronous, which means you complete the course work on your own time during each week by meeting the specified due dates each week. Participation is required each week. Failure to complete work during any week will jeopardize your enrollment.
- When must I complete assignments in my online course?
- Review this document concerning untruths about online courses.
- When are the Summer Sessions held?
- Session A is May 24 through July 3, 2021
- Session B is July 5 through August 14, 2021
- When can I register?
- Do I have to take the math placement test prior to enrolling in an online summer math course?
- No, you do not need to take a placement test if you are enrolling in Math 101 or Math 106. Math placement testing is not required if you are repeating a math class you have already taken or have already met the prerequisites.
- How do you locate summer school courses in Webadvisor and register?
- Go to WebAdvisor and log in. Under Term select Summer, in the location field, select “online,” and follow the normal process for registration.
- How much do summer courses cost?
- Online summer session courses are $475.00 per course, plus other associated costs.
- Are summer courses covered by financial aid?
- Financial Aid may be available for summer session A. Please contact the Office of Financial Aid (Phone number: 800-561-2606).
- How will I be billed for summer courses?
- You will receive an email to your Lincoln email with your current balances. The email will advise you to check your detailed account activity/bill in Webadvisor.
- Will summer courses have a pass/fail option?
- No, students will receive an actual grade for the course.
- Can I register if I have a financial hold?
- Possibly, please check with the bursar.
- How can I be successful in my online course?
- For success tips, review this Online Learner Success Strategies document.
- What if I want to take a summer course at another institution?
- You must have the course approved through your Academic Chair unless the course is an elective and not used to satisfy any requirement of the core curriculum or major. Complete the Request Permission to Take Courses form.
- You must complete the Summer Consortium Agreement. Please contact the Office of Financial Aid (Phone number: 800-561-2606).
If you have other questions, you may contact: