Types of Aid

Lincoln University's Financial Aid office is committed to helping you pay for school. We offer a variety of types of aid.

Find info on the different types of aid we offer below. And remember, before applying for any type of aid, you must first fill out and submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The StudentAid.Gov website will provide instructions for completing your FAFSA. Please note: Lincoln University's Federal School Code is 003290: you'll need that to complete your form and ensure we receive it.

Grants and Scholarships

These federal and state-funded grants can help pay some or all of your tuition.

  • Federal Pell Grant
  • Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)
  • Pennsylvania State Grant (PHEAA)

In addition, Lincoln offers a number of endowed scholarships for qualified students.

Click here to learn more about grants and scholarships

Outside Scholarships

If you need additional or alternative financial assistance beyond what's offered by the university, these scholarships offered by outside parties are available for qualified students.

Click here for outside scholarships

Loan Information

Lincoln University participates in the Federal Direct Loan Program. The program has two main sources of funding which include the Federal Direct Loan for students and the Federal PLUS Loan for parents and graduate level students.

Click here for more loan information

International Students

If you're coming to Lincoln from a country outside the United States, you can apply for the International Scholars Scholarship. It's highly competitive though, so be sure to get your application in ASAP!

Click here for more about aid for international students

Study Abroad Program

Studying abroad is a life-changing experience for many students, but it can be costly. You can, however, get aid to spend a semester in a foreign country if the program is approved for academic credit towards your degree and you are enrolled at least part-time (6 credit hours).

Click here for more about aid for studying abroad

Student Employment Program

Jobs are available on campus with University departments and off-campus with community service organizations.

Click here for more about student employment opportunities

Pennsylvania Fostering Independence Tuition Waiver Program

If you were in foster care, you may be eligible to have your tuition and other costs completely covered by the state.

Click here to learn more about the tuition waiver program