WPP Annual Calendar
- All incoming students are informed of the WPP requirement in their orientation and their freshman admission paperwork.
- All students should receive an email from the WPP faculty explaining the WPP requirement for graduation.
- Juniors should receive an email from their major department in which they are majoring reminding them that their portfolios will be reviewed starting in November.
November through February
- Junior and Senior Portfolios due: Nov 2—February 19
- Departments collect the juniors’/seniors’ portfolios
- All departments should inform their majors about the requirements for the departmental writing portfolio. (Depending upon when they declare the major, all students should receive at least one such reminder before the junior year.)
- Whenever a student declares a major: he/she should be given a paper statement of the department’s procedures for assembling the writing portfolio and a paper copy of the rubric by which the portfolio will be evaluated.
February to April
- Portfolio Review by departments: Feb 28—April 2
- No later than April 5, departments should inform all juniors/seniors of their portfolio status – met expectations or did not meet expectations and advise them of what they need to submit their revised portfolios. Departments report these results to the Registrar’s office and the Director of the WPP Program
- Reporting of portfolio results to students and the WPP faculty: No Later than April 5. Students who have not passed the portfolio requirement are directed to meet with the WPP Director or go to the Writing and Reading Center to work on their portfolio revision.
- Students submit their revised portfolios to their department chairs no later than May 3.