Business Card Request
Faculty, staff, and student leaders may request production of their LU business cards from the Office of Communications & Public Relations by submitting the online form below.
The Office of Communications & Public Relations is pleased to fulfill business card requests for faculty, staff and students. All cards have a standard design to ensure consistency in LU's print communications. Cards are printed at the Copy Center on campus.
Please allow 10 business days to complete the business card process.
Parties in the Business Card Request Process
- Cardholder - The faculty, staff, or student leader who requests business cards. Temporary employees do not receive cards.
- Approver - The cardholder's supervisor. For faculty, the approver is the department chair. For student leaders, the dean of students is the approver.
- Cabinet Approver - This is the cabinet-level official of the division where the cardholder reports. This approver is not needed if the first approver is a member of cabinet. For students, this is the dean of students.
Business Card Request Process
- Submit Form: Complete and submit the form below.
- Wait for Approval: The Office of Communications & Public Relations will take the information from the form and create a proof.
- Confirm Proof: A proof will be sent to the cardholder and assistant. Once the cardholder approves, the proof then goes to the approver and cabinet-level approver.
- Communications Orders: The Office of Communications & Public Relations will order the cards. The cards will be brought to the cardholder's location on campus.
- Communications and Copy Center Bill: The Copy Center will charge back to the cardholder's unit the cost of printing the cards. Communications charges back $5 for each business card for the design and processing cost.
Business Card Prices
250 - $10.50 | 500 - $21.00 | 1,000 - $42.00
+$5.00 design fee
Business Card Example:
Tips for Writing the Cardholder's Name
This field should include up to four parts:
- Honorific: Optional
- An honorific is optional.
- Honorific examples: Ms., Mr., Mrs., Professor
- Note: Only those who have achieved the rank of full professor should include "Professor" before their name.
- Do not include "Dr." before the name; If the cardholder has a doctorate, include PhD or EdD after their name.
- Example: John Smith, PhD '85 (do not include periods in degree acronyms)
- Full Name
- Credentials (if applicable)
- Include graduate degrees, if desired.
- Academic degrees should go from lowest on the left to highest on the right. (do not include periods in degree acronyms)
- Correct: Professor Sarah Thomas, MBA, PhD
- LU Graduation Year: Optional
Need Help Completing the Form?
Contact the Office of Communications & Public Relations at email@example.com or 484-365-7427.