Fall 2020 classes will begin August 17, 2020, and residence halls will open. Learn more.
Management (BS, BA, minor)
The mission of the Management major is to provide students with a top quality management education and the proper skill sets and real-life learning experiences for success in the twenty-first century workplace. Management strives to provide ethical values in a learning environment based on professionalism, responsibility, accountability, excellence, trust and respect. The program goals are to help students increase skills in communication, critical thinking, ethics, and business practices, so that they have the tools needed to implement change and facilitate progress in today’s complex organizations.
- Identify organizational challenges and develop administrative, legal, ethical, operational and technological strategies that inform managerial decisions.
- Recognize and use specialized language, forms, and styles appropriate to the study of management.
- Define and explain management theories and concepts and apply them to policy, planning, enterprise creation and general business practices.
- Apply mathematical formulas and equations in quantitative and qualitative subjects to analyze and interpret accounting, financial and economic data for management decision-making.
- Analyze, interpret and synthesize qualitative and quantitative data for oral presentations, written assignments and applied research.
- Examine and evaluate the impact of diversity and globalization and their influence on the internal and external environment
Please see the University Catalog for more information and program requirements.
For more information contact the Department of Business and Entrepreneurial Studies.