Non-essential employees working remotely through at least April 30.
Expanded pass/fail grading option. Read the FAQs.
Finance (BS, BA, minor)
The mission of the finance program, in the Department of Business and Entrepreneurship Studies, is to provide high quality finance preparation for professional careers in the dynamic global economy and post baccalaurean education through the provision of basic finance knowledge, skills and general education.
The main goal the finance program, in the Department of Business and Entrepreneurship Studies, is to educate and equip the students with the basic finance knowledge and skills that enable them to pursue successful careers in the diverse fields of finance and graduate studies.
- Identify and explain the primary concepts and practices associated with financial management
- Construct optimal portfolios and illustrate the theory’s implications and empirical applications for the financial environment, valuation techniques and investment strategy.
- Evaluate the elements and characteristics of money and capital markets.
- Calculate and interpret the diverse aspects of international financial management theories and tools
- Analyze insurance risk management processes and the alternative risk management tools used for loss control and prevention.
- Analyze and apply the principle and practice of corporate financing.
Please see the University Catalog for more information and program requirements.
For more information contact the Department of Business and Entrepreneurial Studies.