Non-essential employees working remotely through at least April 30.
Expanded pass/fail grading option. Read the FAQs.
Biochemistry and Molecular Bio (BS, BA)
The Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology seeks to:
- Increase the number of research opportunities for faculty and students;
- Increase the number of students and the retention rate of the biochemistry and molecular biology majors.
- Prepare biochemistry and molecular biology majors for graduate school, professional school, and industry.
- Monitor the progress of the Biochemistry and Molecular Biology alumni after graduation.
- Use feedback from graduate/professional school advisors to improve the departmental curriculum.
Upon successful completion of the Biochemistry and Molecular Biology degree, the student will be able to:
- Interpret and explain concepts of biochemistry and molecular biology covered in class.
- Solve complex problems utilizing critical thinking skills.
- Read and critically understanding scientific papers and will be able to write lab reports and scientific papers according to guidelines of the American Chemical Society
- Give scientific presentations
- Design and formulate experiments to test or challenge hypotheses presented in the laboratory.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the collection and analysis of data in the laboratory.
- Implement standard laboratory techniques and will be aware of, and practice all safety procedures while working in the lab
Please see the University Catalog for more information and program requirements.
For more information contact the Chemistry & Physics Department.