DELIVERY: Face-to-Face with Learning Management System (LMS) Application
ACCELERATED or TRADITIONAL: Both
SCHEDULE: Saturday and Weeknight Evening
LENGTH: 5 Semesters (Fall, Spring, Summer I, Summer II, and Fall), or longer, for students with an Associate degree, or significant college transfer credits. New students and those without transfer credits will complete the program at a longer duration.
PROGRAM CREDITS: 120 – 124 Credits
ENROLLMENT CYCLES: Fall (August) and Spring (January)
Management Core Courses
- ACC 203 Principles of Financial Accounting
- ACC 204 Managerial Accounting
- ECO 201/202 Principles of Macroeconomics/Microeconomics
- FIN 341 Financial Management
- MAT 120 Calculus for Life Sciences and Social Science Majors
- MGT 306 Quantitative Methods for Management
- MGT 315 Principles of Management
- MKT 337 Principles of Marketing
Total Credits = 24
Management Major Courses
- BUS 334 Business Law
- BUS 441 International Business
- ETP 320 Entrepreneurship: Launching New Ventures
- FIN 345 Principles of Investment
- MGT 343 Leadership
- MGT 435 Organizational Behavior
- MGT 437 Human Resources Management
- MGT 439 Production and Operations Management
Total Credits = 24
Please find attached a suggested program sequence and academic advising guidelines.
All transfer credits earned at previous, accredited academic institutions must be completed with a “C” grade or better. Given the marketing focus of the Management degree at University City to the adult learner and continuing education student, it may be possible to accept successfully-completed CLEP (College Level Examination Program) courses, PLA (Prior Learning Assessment) experiences and competencies, professional portfolios, presentations and/or examinations, and work-life experiences, established and sanctioned by the standards of CAEL (Council for Adult and Experiential Learning). These portfolios of experiences will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- Submit an online application.
- Official High School Transcript or General Equivalency Diploma/GED: Submit only if you have no transferrable college credits or have less than 12 transferrable college credits.
- Transcripts: Submit official transcripts for all accredited institutions you have attended and/or from which you earned credit.
- Résumé: A current professional résumé is required.
You are strongly encouraged to upload your supplemental documents to your student portal. You may also email documents to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
School of Adult and Continuing Education
Attention: Office of Admissions
3020 Market Street, Fourth Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19104
Graduates with a Bachelor of Science degree in Management can successfully pursue careers in public and private sector organizational enterprises in human resources, labor relations, medical and health services, purchasing, financial services, marketing, public relations, property and real estate, production, and operations, NGOs.