A RESOURCE GUIDE FOR STUDENTS
Do you have a 2.5 or higher GPA?
Do you want to reduce your student loans?
Do you need more money for your tuition and fees?
To get more money to satisfy your needs, apply for Outside Scholarships. Provided below are links to useful outside scholarships websites. Please feel free to research and apply before the scheduled deadline dates. Good luck surfing!
More Links to Outside Scholarships
TOP 10 SCHOLARSHIP TIPS
1. Apply only if you're eligible! Read all of the scholarship requirements and directions carefully to make sure you're eligible before you send in your application. Your application can't win if you're not eligible for the scholarship.
2. Complete the application in full. If a question doesn't apply, note that on the application. Don't just leave it blank.
3. Follow directions. Provide everything that is required. But don't supply things that aren't requested - you could be disqualified.
4. Neatness counts. Make several photocopies of all the forms you receive. Use the copies as working drafts to develop your application packet. Always type your application. If you must print, do so neatly and legibly.
5. Make sure your essay makes an impression. The key to writing a strong essay is to be personal and specific. Include concrete details to make your experience come alive: who, what, where and when.
6. Watch out for deadlines. To help keep yourself on track, impose a deadline on yourself that is at least two weeks before the stated deadline. Use this time to proofread your application before you send it off.
7. Make copies before sending. Before sending your application, make a copy of the entire packet and keep it on file in case your application goes astray. Make sure your name (and social security number if applicable) appears on each page of your application to ensure that nothing is lost.
8. Give it a fine "once-over." Proofread the entire application carefully. Be on the lookout for misspelled words or grammatical errors. Ask a friend, teacher or parent to proofread it as well.
9. Ask for help if you need it. If you have problems with the application, call the funding organization and ask questions.
10. Remember - your scholarship application represents you! Your ability to submit a neat, timely complete application reflects on you. It's your face to this organization. Take pride in yourself by submitting your best application.
Actuary Scholarships for Minority Students
Adventures in Education
AFROTC High School Scholarships
Alexander Graham Bell Association for the Deaf
Alpha Kappa Alpha Awards
American Assoc. of University Women
American Chemical Society Scholarships
American Fire Sprinkler Scholarship Contest
American Legion Scholarships
Art and Writing Awards
Asian American Journalist Association
Astronaut Scholarship Foundation
AXA ACHIEVEMENT SCHOLARSHIP
Ayn Rand Institute
Civil Air Patrol Scholarships
College Board Scholarship Search
College Connection Scholarships
College Net Scholarship Search
College Scholarships for Minority Students
College View's Scholarship Search
College Xpress Scholarship Search
College-Bound High School Seniors - Scholarships
Collegiate Inventors Competition
Congressional Black Caucus Leadership Institute
Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute
Coveted National Scholarships
Daughters of the American Revolution Scholarships
Elks Most Valuable Student Scholarship
Engineering School Scholarships
FastWEB Scholarship Search
Federal Scholarships and Aid
Federal Student Aid Portal
Fellowship Database (Graduate)
The National Academies Fellowships
Fridell Memorial Scholarship (Dale E.)
Hispanic Scholarship Fund
Intel Science Talent Search
International Students Scholarships & Aid Help
Jackie Robinson Foundation Scholarships
LULAC - National Scholastic Achievement Awards
Marine Corps Scholarships
Martin Luther King Scholarships
Minority Scholarships (All levels)
Music For The Blind
National Back Nurses' Assoc. Scholarships
National Black Police Assoc. Scholarships
National Merit Scholarships
Foster Care to Success (formerly Orphan Foundation of America)
Outlaw Student Scholarships
Presidential Freedom Scholarships
Princeton Review Scholarships & Aid
Prudential Spirit of Community Award
Ron Brown Scholarships
Sallie Mae Grants and Scholarships
Scholarship Database (Alphabetical Listing)
Scholarship Resources for Minority Students
ScienceNet Scholarship Listing
State Farm Insurance
Student Award Search Aid
Student Inventors Scholarships
Students of Color Scholarships
Super College Scholarships
The David and Dovetta Wilson Scholarship Fund
American Architectural Foundation
The Roothbert Fund Scholarships
Thurgood Marshall College Fund
Undesignated Scholarships (Engineering)
United Negro College Fund
Wells Fargo Scholarships
Zinch Find Scholarships