LINCOLN UNIVERSITY, Pa. – The Lincoln University volleyball team lost in straight set to Virginia State University in Ettrick, VA, 25-14, 25-11, 25-13, in Central Intercollegiate Athletic Association action Monday.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Virginia State scored eight of the final nine points of the opening set to take the 1-0 lead of the match.
- Lincoln took the early lead of the second set, scoring five of the first eight points. However, the Trojans answered by scoring 14 consecutive points to steal the momentum.
- The Trojans sealed the final set and the match by scoring 10 of the final 12 points.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Lincoln finished with 10 kills with 21 errors on 65 attempts for a -.169 hitting percentage.
- Junior Janae Stackhouse (Baltimore, Md./Baltimore PolyTech) tallied two kills on five attempts with no errors. Freshman Haley Loper (Middletown, Del./St. Georges Technical) finished with a team-high four kills.
- Freshman Jaida Lumpkin (Middletown, Del./Middletown) tallied seven assists. Freshman Mariah Webster (Detroit, Mich./Cass Tech) recorded both service aces and had a team-high five digs.
- Lincoln travels to Winston-Salem for the first CIAA Round-up. The Lions will Saint Augustine's and Fayetteville State Saturday before concluding the event Sunday against Livingstone.