- Posted in All University
- Category: Campus News
LINCOLN UNIVERSITY, Pa. – More than 20 employees whose contributions go “above and beyond” earned awards in 17 categories at a recognition ceremony recently.
“Appreciation is an essential part of how Lincoln University creates community, and we want to take every opportunity to highlight those staff that makes our university’s success possible,” said Jake Tanksley, vice president for Human Resources.
Tanksley said the event honored the dedication, commitment, performance, and exhibited Lincoln University core values of staff. The University’s core values are respect, responsibility, and results.
Two co-emcees, Caprice Love from athletics and Charles Ricketts from special events, infused humor into the virtual Celebration of Excellence Awards Ceremony, which featured the announcement of each nominee and winner, a recorded musical selection from the Concert Choir, and trivia games with prizes.
During her remarks, President Brenda A. Allen shared her vision for recognizing and appreciating Lincoln University employees for the work that they do that contributes to the success of students and the institution.
Awards and winners’ names, title, and department:
- Core Values Award, Non-exempt Staff Category, Kathleen Clark, Department Assistant, Mass Communications Department & LU AFSCME Union President
- Core Values Award, Exempt Staff Category, Jackie McNeil, Executive Assistant, Division of Academic Affairs
- Culture of Belonging Award, Exempt Staff Category, Rev. Frederick T. Faison, Ed.D., Associate Vice President, Student Success, Health & Wellness, & University Chaplain
- Community Partnership Award, Willowdale Chapel - Jennersville and Kennett Square Campuses, Pastors Larry Redmond and Johnny Johnston
- Lincoln Lion Exemplary Performance Award, Non-exempt Staff Category, Maxine Cook, Department Assistant, Health & Wellness
- Lincoln Lion Exemplary Performance Award, Exempt Staff Category, Lyndsay Raymond, Associate Director, Student Life & Development
- Teamwork Recognition Award, Individual Category, Nancy Weigel, Lab Manager, Biology Department
- Teamwork Recognition Award, Team Category, Administrative Units Assessment Committee
- Nancy Evans, Project Manager and Classroom Technology Specialist, Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning
- Jacob Mullins, Assistant Athletic Director for Compliance & Internal Relations / Deputy Title IX Coordinator, Department of Athletics & Recreational Services
- Annie Phanthayoum, Senior Administrative Assistant, Office of Information Technology
- Lynn Powell, Director of Purchasing, Division of Finance & Administration
- Thought Leader Award, Marc R. Partee, Chief of Police and Director of Public Safety, Department of Public Safety
- Peer Recognition Award, Non-exempt Staff Category, Diane Smith, Department Assistant, Department of Languages and Literature
- Peer Recognition Award, Exempt Staff Category, Catherine Rutledge, Registrar, Office of the Registrar
- Outstanding Customer Service Award, Non-exempt Staff Category, Yolanda Echevarria, Department Assistant, Department of Sociology & Criminal Justice
- Outstanding Customer Service Award, Exempt Staff Category, Nicola Larkin, Senior Financial Aid Counselor, Office of Financial Aid
- Game Changer (Innovation) Award, Exempt Staff Category, Brian Bernas, Audio Visual Technician, Office of Information Technology
- President’s Award for Excellence, Non-exempt Staff Category, Annie Phanthayoum, Senior Administrative Assistant, Office of Information Technology
- President’s Award for Excellence, Exempt Staff Category, Tamarkius Roby, Director / Deputy Title IX Coordinator, Office of Veterans Affairs
Employees were nominated by peers, co-workers, and supervisors, and winners were selected by a diverse team of senior leaders representing units across the university. Many of the awards are accompanied by monetary prizes, plaques, or other privileges.
Nominations for the 2021 awards will open in summer 2021.
This event was one of several employee appreciations and recognition programs and events throughout the year such as a summer fish fry, holiday party, and service celebration breakfast. Each of the appreciation events celebrate the Lincoln University community that makes the institution successful and advance the University’s goal to become and remain an employer of choice.