Public Safety Honors Officers
- Posted in All University
- Category: Campus News
Lincoln University, Pa. – Lincoln University’s Department of Public Safety honored individuals for their years of service and outstanding efforts at a recent luncheon.
On August 5, Captain Ruth Evans emceed the annual event at the Student Union Building multipurpose room. Interim President Richard Green was in attendance to congratulate the officers and he spoke highly of the department and their positive impact on campus.
Kevin Thompson earns recognition for 10 years of service at Lincoln University.
Those honored for years of services were:
- 15 Years: Captain James Connor and Sergeant Antonio Ortega
- 10 Years: K-9 Officer Kevin Thompson and Officer Donna Draper
- 5 Years: Sergeant David Quinn, Officer Craig Chapman, Officer Clarence Stevens, and Officer Ralph Reeder
Sergeant Antonio Ortega earns recognition for 15 years at Lincoln University and for Distinguished Service.
Those honored for service were:
- Officer Aidan Gartner for Rookie of the Year;
- Sergeant Antonio Ortega and Officer William Bond for Distinguished Service;
- Officer Phillip Delp for the Certificate of Merit; and
- Officers Ralph Reeder and Gina Myers for “Captain’s Crunch” honors.
The Sharpshooter Award was given to Officer Shane Hall. Corporal Stephen Madonna serves as the department’s Expert Shooter and Sergeant David Quinn is the Master Shooter.
Program Assistant Donna Hess was acknowledged for her loyalty and dedication.
The Department of Public Safety consists of two assistant directors/captains, three sergeants, three corporals, fourteen police officers, eight security officers.
Article and photos by Shelley Mix, Office of Communications & Public Relations