University Closings and Modified Work Schedules
In the event of an emergency, such as inclement weather, Lincoln University may delay office and class schedules. Modified work schedules may take the form of either a partial or a full closing of the University’s operations
Staff and Faculty
- Essential personnel are required to work as scheduled. See Handbook for the definition of essential personnel.
- Faculty and staff should review the University’s Employee Handbook on policies regarding University Closing and Modified Work Schedule, Policy number 2.23, which can be found in Human Resources on the University’s website at www.lincoln.edu.
Delayed Start – Class Start Time
Monday - Friday
- 2 hour delay – Students report to class at 10 a.m.
- 3 hour delay – Students report to class at 11 a.m.
Refer to the Dining Services webpage under Modified Schedule.
Schedule Modification Procedure
Day Prior to Inclement Weather
- The Physical Plant representative emails all contacts any information that is pertinent to the weather forecast and status of supplies and personnel on campus.
- Determine whether to participate in an 8 p.m. or 4 a.m. conference call via replies to the Physical Plant.
- At 8 p.m., contacts use conference phone line to discuss if a decision can be made at the time or if a 4 a.m. call is warranted.
Day of Inclement Weather
- Communications will review entities in close proximity to Lincoln University locations: Oxford Area School District and Avon Grove School District.
- The School of Adult & Continuing Education reviews the School District of Philadelphia.
- All primary contacts participate in conference call starting at 4 a.m.
- If the decision is made to alter the schedule, the following representatives will distribute the message. See next section for sample messages.
- Send email to faculty-staff, undergraduates and graduate students.
- Post red alert banner to University website homepage
- Post on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Contact the following media outlets:
- Fox Philadelphia Channel 29 (and CBS3 and CW Philly)
- WGAL TV – Channel 8 (Lancaster, PA)
- KYW TV3 – Radio 1060
- WDEL 1150 (AM) – News Talk Radio & 93.7 WSTW (FM)
- NBC 10 News – Channel 10