Non-essential employees working remotely through at least April 30.
Expanded pass/fail grading option. Read the FAQs.
Databases Available Off-campus - Library
Accessing Databases from Home or Off Campus
The following databases can be accessed by faculty and current Lincoln University students (at the main campus and at The Graduate Center) from home.
Access to databases will require an authentication login. For full instructions CLICK HERE.
- EBSCO Host Select Databases – Provides access to full text articles from various databases listed.
- Lexis-Nexis Academic Universe – Provides full text articles on today's news or search back more than 20 years, business, legal research (federal,state and international legal materials), medical and health and some general references sources.
- The Cumulative Index for Nursing and Allied Health Literature (CINAHL) – the world's most comprehensive source of full text for nursing and allied health journals. Includes access to health care books, nursing dissertations, legal cases, clinical trials, etc. As well as over 610 indexed journals dating back to 1981.
- CRCnetBASE – Provides unlimited access to trusted scientific and technical database collections. It is a comprehensive and highly interactive resource that allows you to search and extract essential data and tables.
- Ethnic News Watch – News, culture and history from 200 publications of the ethnic minority and native press with 400,000+ complete articles dating back to 1990.
- OmniFile Full Text Mega (formally General Science Index) – has full text articles, page images, article abstracts, and citations on virtually any subject. Full text of articles from over 1,750 publications and article abstracts and indexing from over 3,500 publications including Education, General Science, Humanities, Readers' Guide, Social Sciences and Wilson Business all in Full Text. Coverage back as early as 1982 ensures that every search is as deep as it is broad.
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine – Health Information on the Web: Over 270 Links to web resources from the National Library of Medicine
- Wilson Biographies – Contains the full text of the biographies from more than 100 print volumes of biographical reference books published by H.W. Wilson
- JSTOR – Database with scanned images of journal issues as they were originally designed, printed, and illustrated. JSTOR is not a current issues database.There is a gap, typically from 1 to 5 years, between JSTOR and most recently published journal issues.
- PsycARTICLES - Full-text access to 53 of the most respected peer-reviewed psychology journals.
Other useful off-campus databases
The following databases can be accessed via the Internet without Lincoln ID.
- The POWER Library – allows you to access thousands of full text periodical articles, newspapers, a major encyclopedia, plus photographs, pictures, charts, maps, reference materials for young people and more. You will find materials of interest in most subject areas for all age groups from young children to adults. All you need is a Pennsylvania Library Card.
- Access Pennsylvania – is the largest statewide union catalog that includes the holdings of all types of libraries. These items can be requested via Interlibrary Loan. See the Interlibrary Loan page for instructions and limitations.
- PolicyMap – is an online mapping application created by The Reinvestment Fund and contains over 15,000 indicators related to housing, education, mortgage originations, jobs and more. It’s fast, efficient and captures data in visually powerful ways through custom maps, tables and reports.