Join Lincoln in Celebration of 166 Years of Greatness!
Originally established as The Ashmun Institute, Lincoln University received its charter from the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania on April 29, 1854, making it the nation's first degree-granting Historically Black College and University (HBCU).
Challenges have overwhelmed the world. We are all learning, coping, grieving, maintaining, and so much more due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We would like to extend our best regards to all of the families that have been affected in these unprecedented times and we are forever grateful to all of the essential workers as they bravely work on the frontlines.
While we recognize that our Lincoln Community is greatly impacted by this pandemic, we know that we are Lincoln strong and together we will persevere. Gathering together allows us to take a break from our current conditions, and it is in that spirit that we are holding a virtual block party with a dual purpose – to celebrate our 166th Founder’s day and to raise much-needed funds for the Student Emergency Fund. We hope that you will join us.
Join Lincoln University for a day of celebrating the 166th Founder's Day with a Virtual Block Party in an effort to raise $50,000 for the Student Emergency Fund!
Founder's Day Virtual Block Party
- When: Wednesday, April 29, 2020
- Time: Lunch Time Mix at Noon | Happy Hour Flow at 6 p.m. | Over Time Mix at 8 p.m.
- Description: The Virtual Block Party will bring a Lincoln party right to your home. Join some of your favorite alumni DJ's as they get the party rocking for a "Lunch Time Mix", a "Happy Hour Flow", and an "Overtime Mix" in an effort to raise money for the Student Emergency Fund.
- In addition, a special wreath-laying dedication will be presented by Rev. Dr. Frederick Faison (see details below) and lead a "LU Sing" competition of the Alma Mater.
- Lastly, throughout the day specially recorded messages from Lincoln alumni will be posted as they "Tell Their Lincoln Story".
- How to join: You can join the Founder's Day Block Party by visiting the Lincoln University Facebook page Live Feed.
- Campaign Goal: $50,000
Ways to Give
- Credit card, direct debit and recurring gifts: giving.lincoln.edu
- Credit card: www.lincoln.edu/sef
- *Cashapp - $Give2LU
- *Venmo - @Give2LU
*When making gifts on peer to peer platforms please add your first name, last name and class year to receive credit for your gift.
Please join Dr. Frederick T. Faison, LU's Chaplain and AVP for Student Success, Health, and Wellness in the Founder's Day wreath placement and dedication at the Lincoln University Memorial Arch. Join us for this 15-minute live on the Chapel's Facebook page at 5 p.m.
A special thank you to everyone involved to help make this happen. Let's make the 166th celebration one to remember!
If you have any questions please contact Rich Lancaster, III, MLD '12, director of annual gifts.