Press and Media Coverage
Media Advisory: Lincoln University Celebrates Inauguration of Brenda A. Allen, Ph.D., as the University’s 14th President
Event: The installation of Brenda A. Allen, Ph.D., as the 14th president of Lincoln University will take place on Friday, October 20. Delegates from U.S. universities will join LU faculty, trustees and members of the University community in procession at this formal academic ceremony. In addition to President Allen’s inaugural address, the event will include remarks by guest speaker Donald Reaves, Ph.D., a retired higher education professional of more than 35 years that began in the classroom and concluded after serving as Chancellor of Winston Salem State University in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, a position that he held for almost eight years.
Prior to the ceremony, guests are invited to a brunch in the Student Union Building. Delegates and those in the platform party will begin robing up in the Student Union Building at approximately 1 p.m. We can assist with photo opportunities in and around the Student Union Building during the brunch and robing.
The procession will begin at approximately 1:30 p.m. at the Student Union Building and proceed through campus to the Thurgood Marshall Living Learning Center Lawn.
President Allen will be available for brief one-on-one interviews. Only prescheduled interviews will be accommodated.
The Inauguration ceremony will culminate a week-long celebration, with activities ranging from student, faculty and staff events to a legacy ceremony.
- Lincoln University Welcomes Its 14th President Dr. Brenda Allen
- Lion - Reconnecting with Lincoln's Roots: Rebirth of a Liberal Arts Education
- A camera platform with audio press box will be located toward the back of the event area, behind general seating.
- Photographers are permitted only on the outside aisles of the lawn seating. Photographers are not allowed in the center aisle or on the stage.
- Limited media truck parking is available. Please contact us to make arrangements.
- If media would like to view the ceremony online, streaming video will be available at http://www.lincoln.edu/presidential-inauguration
- The event also will be simulcast to these locations on campus: Ware Center Theater, International Cultural Center auditorium, Student Union Building Theater, and Grim Hall auditorium.
For more information about President Allen or the Inauguration events, including a campus map, visit: http://www.lincoln.edu/presidential-inauguration and http://www.lincoln.edu/presidential-inauguration/press-and-media-coverage
When and Where: Credentialed reporters and cameras must arrive at the hospitality tent outside the Student Union Building no later than 1 p.m.
All events are Friday, October 20, at Lincoln University, 1570 Baltimore Pike, Lincoln University, PA 19390.
- Brunch, 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Student Union Building.
- Installation Ceremony: 2 p.m., outdoors, Thurgood Marshall Living Learning Center Lawn.
- Reception: Following the Installation Ceremony, outdoors, on the Alumni House Lawn.
Media Registration: To receive credentials and access to events, all media must register in advance with the Office of Communications & Public Relations by emailing Maureen Stokes.
On the day of the event, press should check in at the welcome tent located outside the Student Union Building to receive press credentials and press packet.