Goal 1: Recruit and retain students with high
potential and strong academic achievements
1. Increase freshman class
enrollment by a minimum of 50 students annually from 2013-2018.
2. Increase overall SAT score
average of entering freshmen by 12 points annually.
3. Increase high school GPA
average by 20 points annually.
4. Add two different states,
territories or cities where we recruit annually.
5. Increase transfer students by
6. Increase graduate enrollment by
7. Evaluate all retention measures
currently in place, modify where needed and communicate university wide.
8. Require every College and
department to develop a retention plan with measureable targets.
9. Establish and maintain a set of
comprehensive programs and experiences inclusive of student and academic
10. Increase overall retention rate
by 3-5% annually.
11. Strengthen recruitment
initiatives and develop scholarship opportunities for students from Asia,
Africa and Europe.
Goal 2: Enhance, expand and strengthen the
University’s academic programs and services
1. Increase research grant
activity by 5% annually.
2. Increase faculty publications
by 2% annually.
3. Increase faculty scholarly
presentations by 2% annually.
4. Increase the number of
community partners in each College by three annually.
5. Conduct market analysis on
programs and services needs within the region and state and develop associated
majors, minors and programs or services if feasible.
6. Evaluate and assess academic programs
or services for effectiveness and efficiency and make changes when necessary.
7. Secure in-field accreditation
for at least one program every other year.
8. Provide a fund to support
9. Establish a Teacher Learning Center.
10. Initiate and develop student
exchange programs in Asia, Africa and Europe.
11. Increase the number of students
12. Assist faculty in establishing
linkages in other countries to strengthen course offerings.
3: Foster a learner-centered environment
that inspires teaching, learning,
research, and service
1. Establish learning communities
in three of the residence halls annually beginning 2013.
2. Develop an education program
that will certify university personnel in understanding and implementing the
components of a learning community.
3. Annually recognize individuals
and/or programs that are proven “best practice” models and consider for
4. Publish at least one article
annually on learner-centered environment results.
5. Increase by 2% annually the
number of students and faculty engaged in service both internally and
Goal 4: Strengthen the institution’s
1. Increase capital improvement
expenditures by 10% annually.
2. Replace Azikiwe Nkrumah Hall
with a new structure.
3. Renovate the Alumni house and
relocate the Alumni office to the facility.
4. Establish an art center.
5. Establish a university-wide
6. Renovate Dickey Hall.
7. Increase private sector gifts
by 10% annually.
8. Increase alumni gifts by 2%
9. Update and develop a
comprehensive university-wide Master Plan.
10. Implement Wi-Fi service in all
11. Review and update safety as
well as disaster plans and educate all parties on their components.
12. Align the University’s budget
allocations to strategic goals.
13. Launch silent phase of $10
million Capital Campaign.
Goal 5: Operate as the public square of Southern
Chester County & the Delaware Valley
1. Invite Southern Chester County
and Delaware Valley groups to utilize the University’s facilities.
2. Increase speaking engagements, workshops and
seminars offered by alumni, faculty, staff and students in Southern Chester
County and the Delaware Valley.
3. Increase the number of The Lincoln
University personnel on boards in Southern Chester County and the Delaware
4. Increase the number of students
providing tutoring and other services to public or charter schools, community
centers and non-profit organizations in Southern Chester County and the
5. Invite the community to participate
in university-sponsored events.
6. Utilize the University’s
facilities as a voting precinct.
7. Publicize the University’s
programs and services via print and non-print media within Southern Chester
County and the Delaware Valley.
8. Increase recruitment of
students in Southern Chester County and the Delaware Valley.
9. Adopt an elementary, middle or
high school in Southern Chester County or the Delaware Valley.
10. Increase support and donations
to local social service and educational entities.