Attendees: President Ivory V. Nelson, Vice President Michael B. Hill, Vice President Grant D. Venerable, Vice President Howard E. Merlin, Mr. Larry Woods, Mr. John Thompson (attended for Physical Plant discussion) Ms. Diane M. Brown
Minutes of the November 12, 2002 Cabinet Meeting were approved.
Commencement 2003 - If construction on the $29.4 million Commonwealth funded infrastructure improvement projects prohibits the use of the lawn area previously used for Commencement exercises, Commencement 2003 will be held on the baseball field. If the move is necessary, Physical Plant will be charged with the responsibility of ensuring the site is properly fitted and prepared for the event.
Lincoln University continuing education program - The Cabinet was given copies of the "Feasibility Study for Lincoln University's Proposal to Provide a Continuing Education Program and Certification to the Residents of the Southern Chester County Community," submitted to the President by the Study Committee. The Vice President for Academic Affairs was asked to discuss the study with the Deans.
150th Anniversary Celebration Activities - The following tasks
were assigned in preparation for the 150th Anniversary Celebration activities:
- Plan tour for Concert Choir (VP Development & External Relations)
- Research number of doctors and lawyers Lincoln University produced in past 10 years (VP Development & External Relations)
- Develop 150 Year medallion
- Commission musical piece for 150th Anniversary to be ready for Commencement 2004 (VP Academic Affairs/Music faculty)
- Determine whether copyright has expired on book of poetry published at the time of Lincoln's 100 year anniversary
- Compilation of book of current/new poetry for 150th Anniversary (VP Academic Affairs)
In response to a request by a member of the Board at the November 16, 2002 Board meeting, the Vice President for Academic Affairs was asked to prepare a Report on student grades for the past five years.
The Cabinet meeting was adjourned at 12:00 PM.
Diane M. Brown
Assistant to the President