President's Cabinet Meeting
September 15, 2003
Attendees: President Ivory V. Nelson, Vice President Michael B. Hill, Vice President William B. Bynum, Vice President Howard E. Merlin, Vice President Grant D. Venerable and Ms. Diane M. Brown
Minutes of the September 9, 2003 Cabinet Meeting were approved.
Board of Trustee Meeting, Saturday, September 20, 2003
Due to the anticipated interest in items on the upcoming Board meeting agenda, the location of the meeting has been changed to the Multipurpose Room of the Student Union Building (SUB).
Governor Ed Rendell has approved the following capital projects over a three (3) year period, subject to appropriate legislative authorization:
- Allocation of up to $50 million for the construction of a Science/General Classroom High Technology Building and the International Cultural Center
- Allocation of $30 million over the next three years for the following:
· Ware Center $ 3,500,000
· University Hall $ 3,000,000
· HVAC Systems & Controls $ 2,000,000
· Roof Upgrades $ 1,200,000
· Asbestos Abatement $ 300,000
(Funding for the renovation of the Ware Center and the University Hall projects has been released. The HVAC Systems and Controls and Roof Upgrades projects will be released in December 2003 and the Asbestos Abatement project will be released in March 2004.)
· Grim Hall (Life Sciences $6,500,000
· Student Union Building $4,000,000
· Wright Hall (Physical Sciences) $6,000,000
· Urban Center $1,500,000
· Langston Hughes Memorial Library $2,000,000
Lincoln University Capital Budget Procedures
The Cabinet approved the Capital Budget Procedures for fiscal year 2003-2004.
The Cabinet meeting was adjourned at 11:15 AM.
Diane M. Brown
Assistant to the President
Return to President's Information Exchange.
Return to Homepage.