President’s Cabinet Meeting
August 29, 2005
Attendees: President Ivory V. Nelson, Vice President Michael
B. Hill, Vice President Grant D. Venerable, Vice President Howard E. Merlin,
Dean Jerryl Briggs and Ms. Diane M. Brown.
August 22, 2005 Cabinet meeting minutes were approved.
Development and External Relations
- The All-University Convocation has been moved to Thursday,
September 8, 2005 at 4:00 PM in the Gymnasium. President Nelson will
give his address to the student body and induct the Student Government Association
officers at the Convocation.
- The Third Annual Philadelphia Gala will be held on Friday,
October 21, 2005.
- The Student Honors Convocation will take place Sunday,
November 6, 2005 on the campus.
Students appear to be happy with the new bookstore operated by Follett.
A recent “Secret Shops” undercover onsite evaluation of the bookstore was
performed on August 18, 2005. The operation received an overall score
of 95.64 % (526 of 550) on this particular visit. The “Secret Shops”
evaluations are a part of Follett’s customer service initiative and are performed
several times throughout the year.
Student Affairs and Enrollment Management
Admission Statistics for Fall 2005 (as of August 26, 2005)
· Received 788 paid deposits for new undergraduate
· Registered 675 new undergraduate students with
· Registered 583 graduate students with credits
· There are currently 50-75 female beds available
in the residence halls
There being no further business, President Nelson adjourned the meeting at
Diane M. Brown
Assistant to the President
Return to President's Information
Return to Homepage.