President’s Cabinet Meeting
Wednesday, July 7,
ATTENDEES: President Ivory V.
Nelson, Provost and Senior Vice President Dr. Grant D.
Venerable, Vice President Howard E. Merlin, Executive Vice President Michael B.
Hill, Dean John O. Chikwem, Dean Judith A.W. Thomas, Dean Gladys J. Willis, Assistant
Vice President and Director of Assessment Dr. Harold Aubrey, Ms. Jody C.
The June 22, 2010, Cabinet
minutes were approved.
- Pennsylvania Budget Crisis. President Nelson stressed that Lincoln
University’s management operations must make judicious decisions in FY2010-11.
House Bill 2295/2010 (Federal $159,000/State $13,623,000 appropriations)
was presented and discussed.
President Nelson also provided a list of Capital projects completed
since 1999 totaling $234,043,917.
- MSCHE, at its session on June 24,
2010, acted to document receipt of the University’s Monitoring Report and
to direct a small team visit to take place no later than October 1 to
review evidence of the University’s assessment policies and practices.
Various issues regarding NCAA/CIAA DIII/DII were discussed.
EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT
- Core Curriculum. The University will continue to
assess the University’s core curriculum and the number of majors offered.
(as of 07.05.10)
- 05.31.10 Treasurer’s Report. Vice President Merlin provided a
copy of the May 31 Treasurer’s Report.
- 2010-11 Preliminary Operating Budget
Variance Analysis was discussed.
- Thompson Hospitality. Various requirements resulting from a change
in food service providers was discussed, including purchasing procedures,
lead time and Datatel instruction.
- Vail Hall. A recent flood in the basement of
Vail Hall compromised some fiscal records.
PROVOST AND SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT FOR
ACADEMIC AND STUDENT AFFAIRS
Curriculum. Cabinet members continued dialogue regarding the
University’s academic curriculum and assessment.
- Faculty/Directors Retreat. Various items regarding the agenda for
the Faculty/Directors Retreat were discussed.
There being no further
business, President Nelson adjourned the meeting at 12:30 p.m.
Return to President's Information Exchange.
Return to Homepage.