Attendees: President Ivory V. Nelson, Vice President Michael B. Hill, Vice President Howard E. Merlin, Vice President Grant D. Venerable, Chief Larry Woods and Ms. Diane M. Brown
Minutes of the June 24, 2003 Cabinet Meeting were approved.
Lincoln University-Barnes Partnership
Lincoln University and the Barnes Foundation have begun meeting to explore possibilities for expanding the partnership goals to include a Lincoln faculty component, a Barnes Lecture Series at Lincoln and a Lincoln-Barnes Degree Program Collaborative. The following goals have been covered thus far:
- Expanding the existent lecture/tours at the Barnes to include a cross-disciplines Lincoln faculty component (September 2003)
- Initiating the Barnes Lecture Series at Lincoln University for art students (2003-2004 academic year)
- Lincoln University to fund one Lincoln student for a Barnes Internship (Summer 2004)
- Lincoln University to fund one faculty person for a research project at the Barnes Foundation (Summer 2004)
- Exploring the possibility of a Lincoln-Barnes Degree Program Collaborative and the possibility of seeking joint funding for
such a program (Date TBD)
Infrastructure Projects Update
1101-24: Campus Fire and Security
This project is weeks behind schedule. However, associated piping is being roughed-in Fredrick Douglass dorm and a crew is in McRary Hall as well.
1101-25: Construction of Storm Water Drainage System
First part of project to construct the lay-down areas for the entire project is complete. Balance of work is for the new storm water system. Scheduled work is behind.
1101-26: Steam Distribution
Work on removing designated old steam and condensate piping is 75% complete and on schedule.
1101-28-29-30: Communications and Electrical Distribution System
Communications: 45% of the conduit completed
Electrical Distribution: 60% complete in setting phone data and power
Campus lighting: 10% complete
1101-31: Sewer Line Replacement
Project slightly behind schedule - contractor waiting for delivery of manholes.
1101-31B: New Treatment Plant
DGS should be sending the package out to bid soon - project on schedule.
1101-33: New Steam Boiler
Design phase complete - should go out to bid soon. Project delayed due to design issues.
1101-35: Water Distribution System Upgrade
Contractor has installed 860 feet of piping to date - project on schedule.
Lincoln University Athletics
The University currently participates in the following NCAA Varsity Sports:
- Baseball Basketball Cross Country
- Soccer Tennis Indoor Track
- Outdoor Track
- Basketball Cross Country Soccer
- Tennis Indoor Track Outdoor Track
Student Affairs & Enrollment Management
Admission Statistics for fall 2003 as of June 30, 2003
# of Undergraduate applications received for fall 2003……………… 4156
# of Undergraduate applications received for fall 2002……………… 3816
# of Undergraduate students admitted for fall 2003…………………. 1552
# of Undergraduate students admitted for fall 2002…………………. 1703
# of Graduate applications received for fall 2003…………………….. 262
# of Graduate applications received for fall 2002…………………….. 179
The Cabinet meeting was adjourned at 11:30 AM.
Diane M. Brown
Assistant to the President