Attendees: President Ivory V. Nelson, Vice President Michael B. Hill, Vice President Howard E. Merlin, Vice President Grant D. Venerable, Vice President William B. Bynum and Ms. Diane M. Brown Attending for portion of meeting: Dr. Renford A.B. Brevett, Mr. Steve Carol, and Mr. John Thompson
Minutes of the June 16, 2003 Cabinet Meeting were approved.
Technology The project
to rebuild the University's web server has been completed. The status of other
Summer IT Projects was reported as follows:
* The Admissions upgrade and the installation of the new server for Registration, Billing and Web Front-End are complete.
* The Registration upgrade, Billing upgrade and Web Front-end (Campus Connect) should all be completed by mid July.
* The wiring of Douglass and Hansberry halls is targeted for completion in July, as is the Wireless point-to-point.
* On the academic side, an order for music equipment has been placed and discussions are on going regarding computer graphics and animation (modeling, rendering). IT also intends to investigate wireless technologies for backbone, internal buildings and "green space" connections.
Title III Lincoln University will receive $1,619,140 in 2003-2004 Title III funding. This amount is $18,923 below 2002-2003 funding. All carryforward from the 2001-2002 Title III has been expended.
* New Student Dorm - best scheme may be five bedroom suites with two baths and a common area.
* LHML chiller is scheduled for demolition June 25th
* Chapel windows - scheduled for installation by August 25 (delay has been due to the inclement weather during the Spring)
* Urban Center Elevators (2 cars) - work to be complete by end of July
Request for Additional Commonwealth Funding for Capital Projects The Office of the Budget has indicated that they will request the inclusion of capital funding for the Langston Hughes Memorial Library, the Student Union Building and the Lincoln University Center for Graduate and Continuing Education projects in the upcoming Capital Bill. If approved, funding in the amount of $10 million per year over three years will be available for these projects. Other requests for capital project funding (in addition to the those mentioned above) have been submitted to the Commonwealth.
& Enrollment Management
* August 1, 2003 has been established as the target date for arming of Police Offices
*Gourmet Services food sampling event was well received. GSI will conduct a major clean up of the kitchen/dining facilities in late July.
The Cabinet meeting was adjourned at 5:00 PM.
Diane M. Brown
Assistant to the President