Talk with a Teacher
Can we help you with a writing problem that you and your class instructor haven't been able to solve?
To work on a writing problem area with an online writing instructor, use the link below to email us and let us know what sort of help you need.
NOTE: Only designated MHS students in Competency Units I - III and BHS-FLEX students are eligible to use for GAS tutoring services. An instructor recommendation or GAS invitation is required.
To work with a writing tutor, you must either be referred by the faculty member who assigned the paper or project you are having trouble with or you must have received a general invitation based on your GPA,
Invitations are sent out at the beginning of each semester and are only good for that one semester.
BEFORE you email us, please read through the following directions on how to use this writing assistance system most effectively.
In your initial email, type GAS REQUEST for the Subject Line.
Include the following information in your email:
- Your name
- Course name
- Name of the instructor who referred you
- Description of assignment (it's helpful to attach the assignment directions if possible)
- Whether this is a first or final draft
- When the assignment is due, and --most importantly--
- The specific issue(s) for which you are seeking help.
Attach the paper you need help with to the email.
- Tutoring will occur primarily via email. Be sure, therefore, to email us from an email account that you check frequently. At the tutor's discretion, follow-up face-to-face or telephone conferences may also occur.
Plan ahead! Please don't contact us the night before a paper is due and hope to solve all problems immediately. Our goal is to get back to you within 24 hours, but most issues will take more than one contact, so give yourself--and us--enough time to work things out successfully.
Ready to get started? Here's the email link: