Mass Communications Center of Excellence
Our Mission is to produce students who, because of their demonstrated knowledge of mass media theories, experienced use of high-end television and radio equipment, and excellence in writing and familiarity with multimedia, can successfully transition to professional mass media industries and/or graduate study in mass communication. These skills are acquired through use of campus facilities, internships and faculty-guided research.
- Demonstrated excellence in mass media writing styles that conform to highest standards in print and broadcast newsrooms, multimedia platforms, and graduate course work.
- Interpretation and application of mass media theories and appreciation of how mass media impacts current events and cultural production.
- Application of mass media ethics, particularly codes of professional integrity established by the Society of Professional Journalists, Online News Association, National Association of Broadcasters.
- Applied knowledge of mass media technologies consistent with the changes in mass media industries, including multimedia convergence.
- Application of research methods and approaches required for graduate study in mass communication.
Panasonic Highlights Lincoln's State-of-the-art Studios
"Lincoln University builds state-of-the-art production studios with Panasonic native 1080i AK-HC3500 2/3. 2.2M HD studio cameras, AV-HS450N multi-format HD/SD switcher…"