HomeAdmissionsAbout LincolnDirections to LincolnSearch


Financial Aid Home
Tuition and Fees
Costs of Attendance
How to Apply for Financial Aid
Types of Aid

Financial Aid Forms

Office Staff
Policy on Satisfactory Academic Progress
for Financial Aid
Bursar's Office




Office of Financial Aid

Veterans Education Benefits

Iwo-Jima Memorial

Veterans and students receiving Veterans Education Benefits must notify the Office of Financial Aid if they are receiving or are eligible to receive, Federal or State Benefits (monthly stipend, indicating amount per month and the number of months for the entire academic year). The Office of Financial Aid is obligated to verify Veterans Education Benefits against Federal reports that are sent to Lincoln University.

Veterans Education Benefits are resources that must be used to determine financial aid eligibility and can result in a reduction to financial aid awards. Veterans Education Benefits are sent either to the home or personal bank account not to Lincoln University. Students receiving Veterans Education Benefits must apply the funds towards their educational costs.

When receiving Federal Benefits, please note the following:

* DD 214 will determine eligibility by dates in military and type of discharge with final determination by the Veterans Administration.

* Student must apply through the Office of Student Services. Benefits must be certified by Office of Student Services each semester by completing the VA Registration Form.

* Student must maintain academic progress towards degree.

Available programs:

1. Chapter 30 (Montgomery G.I. Bill)
2. Chapter 31 (Vocational Rehabilitation)
3. Chapter 32 (VEAP)
4. Chapter 35 (dependents of deceased or permanently disable veterans)
5. Chapter 1606 (formerly 106) (Selected Reserve)

For more information concerning eligibility, you can contact the Veterans Affairs Office nearest you or visit their website at: www.gibill.va.gov

*For Pennsylvania State Veterans Grant information, please call 1-800-692-7392 or visit their website at www.pheaa.org

*For Pennsylvania National Guard’s Educational Assistance Program (EAP) call 1-800-742-7372 or visit their website at www.dmva.state.pa.us/dmvanew/site/default.asp

*These programs, along with other financial aid may be combined with your G.I Bill for a total education package.

Lincoln University of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
1570 Baltimore Pike, P.O. Box 179, Lincoln University, PA 19352 \