HomeAdmissionsAbout LincolnDirections to LincolnSearch


Financial Aid Home
Tuition and Fees
Costs of Attendance
How to Apply for Financial Aid
Types of Aid

Financial Aid Forms

Office Staff
Policy on Satisfactory Academic Progress
for Financial Aid
Bursar's Office

Office of Financial Aid

How do I receive my funds?

When Do I Receive My Funds?

Financial aid is paid (disbursed) to you no sooner than the beginning of each term. Thereafter, students will receive their aid within two weeks after they have:

1. Responded to all requests for additional information.
2. Enrolled for a credit hour load that is at least half-time (6 hours for undergraduates, 4 hours for graduate students) and after they have begun attending classes for the term.  Some scholarships require full-time enrollment before disbursement. Students must be enrolled at least half-time to receive any aid! Note: Aid awarded for a specific term will only be disbursed to you during that same term. 
3. Completed/signed all applicable promissory notes; look for correspondence from the Office of Financial Aid (OFA) by email:

  • If you have Federal Stafford Loans, you must complete your Federal Stafford Loan Master Promissory Note (MPN) online at to receive your funds.  Click here for information.  Freshman, first-year graduate students and first-time Federal Stafford Loan borrowers must also complete Loan Entrance Counseling.  If you previously signed a Federal Stafford Loan MPN at Lincoln University, you do not need to sign another one to receive Federal Stafford Loan funds. 
  • If you have a Federal Perkins Loan, you must complete your MPN(s) to receive your funds.  If you previously signed a Federal Perkins Loan MPN, you do not need to sign another one to receive Federal Perkins Loan funds.

How Do I Receive My Funds?


Grants, scholarships, and loans administered by the Office of Financial Aid (OFA) are first applied directly to your university student account to pay charges for tuition, fees, university-operated housing, and other university charges. Financial aid awarded for a specific term can only pay for charges for that same term.  information.


Release of Funds to You (Refund)

Students whose financial aid exceeds the charges on their university student account will receive these funds (referred to as a "refund") to pay other educationally related expenses. The refund (in the form of a check) will be mailed to your permanent address as listed with the Office of the Registrar. If your parents are borrowing through the Federal PLUS Loan program, the refund will be mailed to the address listed on the student’s record with the Office of the Registrar. 

  • Not cashing a refund check does not cancel any loans you have been awarded.  To cancel a loan, you must notify OFA.

Special Note to Students Enrolled Less than Full-Time: Your financial aid will be disbursed to you based on full-time enrollment.  If you are not enrolled full-time by the end of the drop/add period, your aid will be adjusted at that time and you will receive a revised award notice reflecting your level of enrollment.


Work-Study awards are earned as wages by working in positions with departments on campus and a few approved off-campus sites. Wages are typically paid monthly through the University’s payroll system. Students who are interested in community service may find a number of positions available through the Work-Study program. The Student Employment Office maintains listings of eligible jobs and posts them on the web.  Students contact employers directly for interviews. Please refer to the Website for additional information about student employment.


  • If your scholarship check is sent to the University, it will be directly applied to your University student account, one-half in the Fall Term, one-half in the Winter Term, unless otherwise specified by the scholarship sponsor. Payments are usually processed within two weeks of the start of each term, upon full-time registration.  If the payment creates a credit balance on your University student account, the credit will be released to you by check.
  • If your scholarship check is sent directly to you, but it is made out to the University, you should take it or send it to the Office of Financial Aid.
  • If your scholarship check is sent directly to you, and it is made co-payable to you and the University, endorse the check and submit it to the Office of Financial Aid.
  • If your check is made payable to you only, it is your responsibility to report this resource to the Office of Financial Aid and to apply any funds necessary to your University Student Account.

Lincoln University of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
1570 Baltimore Pike, P.O. Box 179, Lincoln University, PA 19352 \