Education Department Mission, Philosophy, Vision
Faculty & Staff
Tomorrow's Teachers Today: Striving for Excellence
Education as a Major Interest Form
Student must have earned a minimum of (48) forty-eight credits at the college-level (100 level or above). Credits earned at another academic institution must be pre-approved (Transfer Credit Equivalences Approvals Document).
- Student must have earned a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 for all courses on your transcripts.
- Student must have achieved a passing score as established by the Pennsylvania Department of Education on the Praxis I (Reading, Writing, Math) tests prior to admission. This may be completed as early as your freshman year. http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal/server.pt/community/testing_requirements/8638
- Student must complete and hand in all required clearances BEFORE registering for EDU201: Criminal Background Check, Pennsylvania Child Abuse Clearance, FBI Fingerprinting and TB Test.
- Student must pass EDU 201 (Introduction to Education) in the first semester of his/her Sophomore year with a B- or better
- Student must complete 6 credits of English Composition and World Literature
- Student must complete 6 credits of Math
- Student must successfully complete all required Developmental courses, e.g.EDU 097, EDU 098, EDU 102, ENG 098, ENG 099 in his/her Freshman year
- Student must have met developmental course requirements (Reading and Oral Communications)
- Student must actively participate in the Education Club
Lincoln University, Education Department
1570 Baltimore Pike, P.O. Box
179, Lincoln University, PA 19352 \ 484-365-8000