A student ordered to active duty due to national crisis, under circumstances that preclude completion of a semester or session, will be allowed to take a leave of absence from the University. The student must present a copy of the military orders to Tamarkius Roby, Veteran Affairs Coordinator (Wright Hall- Room 101) to complete a withdrawal/leave notification form.
With respect to military/veteran students, we:
1. Refrain from denying readmission to any person who is a member of, applies to be a member of, performs, has performed, applies to perform or has an obligation to perform services in the uniformed services on the basis of that membership, application for membership, performance of service, application for service, or obligations to perform service;
2. Promptly readmit any student who wishes to re-enroll after having left to perform qualifying service in the US Armed Forces, National Guard, or Reserves with the same academic status to the same program if:
- The student (or appropriate Armed Forces officer or Dept. of Defense official) gives advance written or verbal notice of such service to the Registrar's Office at Lincoln University as far in advance as is reasonable under the circumstances;
- The cumulative length of the absence, and of all previous absences, from Lincoln University, because of uniformed service does not exceed 5 years; and
- The student submits written or oral notice of intent to re-enroll to the Registrar's Office no later than 3 years after completing the service period, or no later than 2 years after recovering from an illness or injury related to that service
3. Will waive the advance notice requirement if such notice is precluded by military necessity, i.e. classified mission, operation, exercise, or requirement; or pending or ongoing mission, operation, exercise, or requirement that may be compromised or adversely affected by public knowledge.