Veterans Affairs

eBenefits VA Portal:

Create an account at to have easy access to your eBenefits information. This applies to all VA Chapters.

eBenefits is a central location for Veterans, Service Members, and their families to research, find, access, and, in time, manage their benefits and personal information. It provides quick access to eBenefits tools that allow you to apply for benefits, download your DD 214, view your benefits status, in addition to other actions as needed. A catalog of links to other sites that provide information about military and Veteran benefits is also provided.


GoArmyEd is the virtual gateway for all eligible active duty, National Guard and Army Reserve Soldiers to request Tuition Assistance (TA) online, anytime, anywhere for classroom and distance learning. It allows Soldiers to manage their education records including college classes, testing, on-duty classes and Army Education Counselor support.

Military Call-Up, Absences, & Readmission

A student ordered to active duty due to national crisis, under circumstances that preclude completion of a semester or session, will be allowed to take a leave of absence from the University. The student must present a copy of the military orders to Tamarkius Roby, Veteran Affairs Coordinator (Wright Hall- Room 101) to complete a withdrawal/leave notification form.

 With respect to military/veteran students, we:

1. Refrain from denying readmission to any person who is a member of, applies to be a member of, performs, has performed, applies to perform or has an obligation to perform services in the uniformed services on the basis of that membership, application for membership, performance of service, application for service, or obligations to perform service;

2. Promptly readmit any student who wishes to re-enroll after having left to perform qualifying service in the US Armed Forces, National Guard, or Reserves with the same academic status to the same program if:

  • The student (or appropriate Armed Forces officer or Dept. of Defense official) gives advance written or verbal notice of such service to the Registrar's Office at Lincoln University as far in advance as is reasonable under the circumstances;
  • The cumulative length of the absence, and of all previous absences, from Lincoln University, because of uniformed service does not exceed 5 years; and
  • The student submits written or oral notice of intent to re-enroll to the Registrar's Office no later than 3 years after completing the service period, or no later than 2 years after recovering from an illness or injury related to that service

3. Will waive the advance notice requirement if such notice is precluded by military necessity, i.e. classified mission, operation, exercise, or requirement; or pending or ongoing mission, operation, exercise, or requirement that may be compromised or adversely affected by public knowledge.


1. How do I apply for admission to Lincoln University?

You must apply through Lincoln University Admissions Office. Prospective undergraduate students will find application information at; graduate student should refer to: .

2. How do I find out what VA benefits I might qualify for or if I have any VA benefits remaining?

Contact the Department of Veteran Affairs at 1-888-442-4551 or visit their website at

3. How long does it take to begin receiving benefits after they have been initiated and enrollment certification (22-1999) has been electronically sent to the VA?

New applicants should expect to receive their first check 8-12 weeks from the time the enrollment certification is sent. 
You will be paid retroactively from the first day of class. It is imperative that you notify Lincoln’s VA Certifying Official of any changes to your enrollment information (i.e. changes to schedule, including adding, dropping or withdrawals).

4. What do I need to do each semester to continue receiving VA benefits?

Complete and submit the form once you've officially registered for classes.

5. Will I qualify for in-state tuition?

For information on Lincoln’s tuition policy, see

6. Can I get a tutor?

Eligible veterans who have a course deficiency may be eligible to receive reimbursement for payment to a tutor for individual tutoring. Visit the VA website at for more information and to obtain the Application and Enrollment Certification for Individualized Tutorial Assistance (VA Form 22-1990t). 

8. Transfer Students

If you are a transfer student and have used VA benefits at your previous college/university and would like to continue receiving the same benefits at Lincoln, you don't need to reapply. You may submit a change of place of training form 22-1995 or 22-5495 (if you are a Ch. 35 dependent).

9. Dependents of Veterans

If you are a dependent of a veteran and will be receiving benefits under the Chapter 33 Post 9-11 transfer option, submit your VA certificate of eligibility or a copy of your 1990E application.

10. Will the VA reimburse me for study-abroad?

The VA will reimburse the appropriate portion of tuition charged for classes. However, travel and study abroad fees cannot be reported to the VA under any circumstances. 

Tamarkius Roby Veteran Affairs Coordinator 484-365-7950
  • Wright Hall 101