Technology services are the heart of ATS's campus support and include supporting classroom learning, hybrid learning (online + classroom), and distance learning. Educational technology systems and services supported by ATS include Moodle learning management system, classroom technology (in every classroom), Skype and web conferencing, workshops, one-on-one assistance, audio-visual and graphics services, and technical and pedagogical consulting.
All of our classrooms and lecture rooms have presentation technology in place which includes computers, projection or interactive display panels, interactive whiteboards or screens, sound, and controls. Some classrooms also have document cameras, multiple boards, annotation boards, and dedicated distance learning equipment. Our policy is to respond quickly to problems. Let us know immediately if you need training or support.
Moodle is highly customizable has tools for teaching online courses, storing and managing course materials, collaborating on documents and projects, and assessing the success of students and courses. All courses have a Moodle presence and are integrated with the student information system accessible via WebAdviser. Workshops, one-on-one help and an online course in teaching online are available through ATS. Contact us with your questions about course design, instructional design services, training and workshops in use of Moodle, one-on-one assistance, and instructional materials.
Training: Workshops, One-on-one, & Other Faculty Learning Services & Events
The Faculty Technology Lab is located on the first floor of the Library and is used for training, meetings, web conferencing, and working with classroom technology. Faculty and staff may also reserve the lab for your use. Contact ATS for more information, ext. 7888. Training is held on a variety of technology topics including technology use and integration and Moodle learning management system for online learning.
Instructional & Technical Consulting
ATS provides consultation and assistance to faculty, students and staff in the following:
- integrating technology in instruction
- best practices in using Moodle to teach online
- lending and using equipment - we will show you how to use the equipment you borrow.
- producing technology-based projects
- planning and designing facilities for optimum technology use
- offering and coordinating faculty workshops and other training
- using Moodle for online and distance learning
- one-on-one training
- departmental and individual tutoring
- gathering information related to technology-use issues
The staff will also assist in designing, improving and troubleshooting audio-visual systems, such as sound systems and video conferencing, and provide equipment recommendations.
A variety of audio-visual equipment is available for short-term loan by faculty, students , and staff. Review our lending policies and procedures on the link above.
Web Conferencing, Zoom, Skype
Zoom and Skype are our web conferencing platforms for web meetings, interviews, webinars, and e-learning. They allow faculty and staff to connect with colleagues and students in live, virtual meetings in 116 Library, conference rooms, and other learning spaces. These services are provided with a completed ATS Request Form.
A variety of digital video services for instructional use and special events are supported, including video recording, playback, duplicating, and editing, and analog to digital conversion.
- Desktop Publishing – We produce handbooks, brochures, newsletters, programs, flyers, tickets, small signs, name tags, and certificates.
- Traditional Graphics Services – Lamination is available with prior notice. Poster board, flip chart pads, construction paper, stencils, bulletin board paper, and other supplies are also available.es
- Digital Imaging & Scanning – Faculty, staff and students can borrow digital cameras and digital camcorders. ATS staff will help you to use the scanners in the Student Multimedia Stations and Faculty Technology Lab. We will assist you in scanning and resizing images which can then be used in publications, presentations, or on web pages.
Apple Product Consulting & Troubleshooting
ATS will delve into your Macintosh computer problems, whether they are hardware or software problems, and make every effort to solve them on the spot, efficiently, quickly and courteously. Occasionally we must work with your computer in our office or arrange to have it repaired off-site.