ATS supports a variety of digital video services available for instructional use and for special events, including Video recording, playback, duplicating, and editing; training in the use of digital video equipment and analog to digital conversion.
- Desktop Publishing – Handbooks, brochures, newsletters, transparencies, programs, flyers, tickets, small signs, name cards, and PowerPoint presentations.
- Traditional Graphics Services – Lamination, transparencies, spiral binding, automatic folding. Poster board, flip chart pads, construction paper, stencils, bulletin board paper and other supplies are also available.
- Digital Imaging & Scanning – Faculty, staff and students with properly filled out ATS Request Forms can borrow digital still cameras and digital camcorders. ATS staff will help you to use the scanners in the Faculty Technology Lab, 1st Floor Library, or will scan photos or graphics for you. The ATS staff will assist faculty in scanning images or taking photos with a digital cameras and digital camcorders which can then be used in publications, PowerPoint presentations, or on web pages. ATS uses PhotoShop and iPhoto to manipulate images or we can assist you in using the software in the Faculty Technology Lab.
Instructional & Technical Consultation
ATS provides consultation and assistance to faculty, students and staff in the following:
- integrating technology in instruction
- setting up and using equipment (ATS staff is on call to quickly respond to equipment set-up and use problems.)
- producing technology-based projects
- planning and designing facilities for optimum technology use
- offering and coordinating faculty workshops
- using social media - Twitter, Tumblr, Facebook
- using Moodle for online and distance learning
- using GoogleDocs
- one-on-one training
- departmental and individual tutoring
- gathering information related to technology-use issues
The staff will also assist in designing, improving and troubleshooting audio-visual systems, such as sound systems and teleconferencing, and provide equipment recommendations.
Mac Consultation and Technical Troubleshooting
ATS will delve into your Macintosh computer problems, whether they are hardware or software problems, and make every effort to solve them on the spot, efficiently, quickly and courteously. Occasionally we must work with your computer in our office or arrange to have it repaired off-site. Call ext. 7888 or 7379, or contact Neal Hough at ext. 7379, email@example.com.
Videoconferencing, Webinar, Skype Support
ATS also assists in coordinating teleconferences in the Distance Learning Classrooms and conference rooms. These services are provided with a completed ATS Request Form.
Wiki or Blog Set-up
- A wiki is a type of website that allows anyone visiting the site to add, remove, or otherwise edit all content, very quickly and easily, sometimes without the need for registration (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiki).
- A blog is a public website in which messages are posted and displayed with the newest at the top. Like other media, blogs often focus on a particular subject, such as education, news, food, politics, or personal thoughts (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blog).
Workshops & Other Faculty Learning
- ATS offers scheduled Technology Learning workshops at our campuses including Moodle Basics, Open Moodle Lab, and related topics. Contact ATS for more information, ext. 7888