Lincoln logo

The Office of the Dean of Students

Student Union Building, Second Floor, Room 225
Lincoln University, PA 19352-0999
Voice: 484-365-7702
Fax: 484-365-7919

HomeAdmissionsAbout LincolnDirectionsSearch

Dean of Students Home

Dean's Message

Role of the Dean
Judicial Process
Student Handbook
Dean's Calendar
Frequently Asked Questions
Student Life & Development
 Student Government Association
 Division of Student Affairs

CSS Vertical Navigation Menu

Frequently Asked Questions

What are my rights if I am accused of a Code of Conduct violation? Be notified in writing of the charges against you with sufficient detail and time to prepare for a hearing.
What happens if I am charged with a Conduct Code violation? Upon receiving notice that you have allegedly committed a violation, you must report to your hearing by the timeframe given to you in your notification. At your hearing you will have the opportunity to discuss the facts and evidence that support your case.  See page 58 of SHB
Can I appeal the decision that is reached? Appeals must be made in writing to the Dean of Students or the VP of Student Affairs, within three days of the decision of the Judicial Hearing Officer. For further details see page 59 of SHB.
What are the penalties if I am found responsible for a violation? If you are found responsible one or more of the following sanctions may be imposed: Verbal Warning, Written Warning, Conduct Probation, Suspension, Expulsion, Dismissal from Student Employment, Expulsion from Campus, Payment of Damages, Community Service and/or other appropriate educational sanctions.
Will the hearing be recorded? A tape recording is made of formal hearings before the Officer.
What types of hearing recordings are kept? Disciplinary records, including correspondence and official records are maintained in the Dean of Students Office.
Can I be charged for a violation of the Student Conduct Code that took place off campus? Yes. Students at the Lincoln University are responsible for certain actions committed off campus.
Member Intake Process

As the season has begun for excitement and interest in membership intake for our Greek and Social Fellowship organizations, the Office of Student Life and Development would like to provide answers to some of the questions you may have. If you have been to one of the Campus Wide Information Sessions we sponsor, you will have heard this information and this will be a reminder for you.

Some Frequently Asked Questions about membership intake at Lincoln are:

         What are the University requirements for membership intake?

o   This information is listed in the Student Handbook on page 89. 

         What is the deadline to have all University requirements met?

o   Date for Spring 2015 to be announced!

o   If the organization you are interested in submits your name for clearance prior to that date, you must meet the requirements when your name is submitted for clearance.

o   Clearance results are final. This means whatever your GPA is at that time stands. We will not wait for grade changes. How ever many community service hours you have completed at the time is your final hours. We will not wait for  you to complete your hours after the clearance process.

         How do I get credit for community service?

o   You must complete the community service form and submit a photo of you completing the service (no faxes, no emails). Forms can be found at

o   Confirmation of approved hours is sent to your Lincoln email account. If you need proof, you should print the email you received. If you need a letter of confirmation, you should directly contact the person/s with whom you completed the service. If the organization you are seeking has a form in the application to be signed, you may get a signature from the Director of Student Life & Development (if your service is on file in the office).

         How long does the community service credit last?

o   We keep community service on file for the current academic year. Projects completing between August-April of the academic year will be given credit, with the required documentation having been submitted. 

         Do I have to attend both Campus Wide Information Sessions (fall and spring)?

o   No, you are only required to attend one.

         Do I have to attend the Interest Meeting/Rush of the organization I am interested in?

o   Yes.

         When do organizations have membership intake and interest meetings?

o   Interest meetings are only held during the semester that the organization is having membership intake. The flyers will be posted outside the Office of Student Life & Development during the week prior to the meetings.

o   Membership intake is only held during the spring semester, unless otherwise noted.

         What is hazing?

o   This information is listed in the Student Handbook on pages 92-93.

         What do I do if I believe I have been or am being hazed?

o   You should make a formal report to the Office of Student Life & Development or Dean of Students.

 Please note that the Office of Student Life & Development provides clearance results directly to the organizations. We do not participate in the decision making process for who is accepted for membership intake on any level.

Whom do I contact if I have further questions? You may contact the Dean of Students Office at 484-365-7253 in room 225 of the Student Union Building for more information.




The Lincoln University
1570 Baltimore Pike, P.O. Box 179, Lincoln University, PA 19352 \ 484-365-8000

Contact Admissions