The mission of the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning is to involve Lincoln University faculty in dialogue about the art and science of teaching with the goal of developing creative, innovative, and engaging teaching and learning environments that foster an atmosphere of critical thinking among faculty and students.
We seek as well to develop collaborative initiatives with academic and support units across campus that foster best practices in teaching and learning.
Programs and Services Offered. CETL will provide a variety of programs and services, based on faculty needs and designed to encourage discussion of ideas; sharing of questions, information, and best practices; and ongoing faculty professional development.
Goals and Objectives
- Promote the development of effective, student-centered teaching strategies and technologies
- Support faculty use of academic technology
- Encourage classroom research
- Provide information on pedagogical issues: in print, online, and through individual and group discussion
- Celebrate and share best teaching practices.
- Respond to faculty teaching needs as they arise