Lincoln logo

The Office of the Bursar

Phone: 855-287-4003
Fax: 484-365-8130
Extension: 8080

HomeAdmissionsAbout LincolnDirectionsSearch

CSS Vertical Navigation Menu

Bursar Home
Payment Options
Student Refunds

Tuition and Fees

Frequently Asked Questions


Federal Government Education Credit


1098 Graphic

Federal Government Education Credit

The Federal Government has instituted an Education Credit for students that attend an Institution of Higher Learning. The credit is based on Tuition & Fees billed for each calendar year.

The student or the person, who can claim the student as a dependant, may be able to claim an Education Credit on Form 1040 or 1040A for the qualified Tuition & Related Expenses that were actually paid during the calendar year. Institutions may report either payments received in box 1 or amounts billed in box 2. The amount shown in box 1 or box 2 may represent an amount other than the amount actually paid in the calendar year.

Lincoln University uses the amounts billed in box 2. For more information about the credit see Publication 970 Tax Benefits for Education, Form 8863, Education Credits, and the Form 1040 or 1040A Instructions.

The 1098T form is the government form that will be issued to each student that qualifies for this credit. The forms will be mailed out on January 31st of each year.

Beginning in January 2013, students will be able to view online and print their 1098T forms for the 2012 tax year. Visit and select the log in link near the top of the page. Click here to retrieve your login credentials. Students may also call 866-428-1098 for log in assistance





The Lincoln University
1570 Baltimore Pike, P.O. Box 179, Lincoln University, PA 19352 \ 484-365-8000

Contact Admissions