Welcome to the Department of Business and Entrepreneurial Studies
Department of Business and Entrepreneurial Studies
Finance is a high-level discipline that is fundamental of modern domestic and global economies. The macro-level industries which dominate this discipline are commercial banking, investment banking, brokerage, insurance, and their complements and derivatives.
To expose students to a rigorous, multidisciplinary portfolio of fundamental and applied courses in accounting, economics, finance, investments, management, and statistics. These courses are integrated with a very strong liberal arts curriculum that in combination produces a .well rounded student. who is capable of transitioning into the competitive non-profit and for-profit sectors of the financial services and complementary industries.
Student Learner Outcome Goals
- Demonstrate the knowledge of business fundamentals and assesses a firm.s financial performance.
- Demonstrate proficiency in applying valuation measurement and analytical skills in financial Management and investment analysis.
- Apply the concepts, theories and quantitative techniques used in corporate finance and investment decision making.
- Conduct, produce and present a well-structured research paper in finance, investment and other related disciplines.
- Recognize the high professional and ethical standards required in the financial industry
- Recognize and analyze the economic and financial environment of business.
- Demonstrate the use of excel and complementary technologies in finance and investment analysis.
- Identify, analyze, and solve global business and international financial management issues and environments.
|ECO 313||Money and Banking||3|
|FIN 342||Advanced Financial Management||3|
|FIN 345||Principles of Investments||3|
|FIN 347||International Financial Management||3|
|FIN 447||Risk Management and Insurance||3|
|FIN 450||Cases in Financial Management||3|
|FIN 453||Investment Portfolio Management||3|
|FIN 455||Financial Institutions Management||3|