of Natural Sciences & Mathematics: Science Fair, 2005
9th Annual Science Fair and Poster Presentation was held on the 2nd
of April, 2005 in the Multipurpose Hall of the Student Union Building.
the Science Fair
To showcase the research experience gained by
students during summer internships.
To evaluate the quality of students’ research
To award prizes for outstanding work.
To provide a forum for faculty, guests and alumni
to interact with students.
- A total of 26 posters were presented; 18 by students and 8 by
- Two alumni: Arthur Allen (class of ’76) and Robert Belton
(class of ’77) made oral presentations.
- A total of 80 participants registered for the session.
Evaluation Criteria of Posters
Points were awarded as follows:
- Abstract (15%)
- Background and Justification (10%)
- Visual effect (15%)
- Materials and Methods (15%)
- Results and Discussion (20%)
- Summary and conclusion (15%)
- Response to questions (10%)
- 1st Prize: Ms. Yetunde Ibrahim.
- 2nd Prize: Ms. Krystal Hamlett.
- 3rd Prize: Mr. Oyekami Jubril.
- Hon. Mention: Ms. Jane Ullah.
- Hon. Mention: Ms. Ndeh Diallo.
- Ms. Janis Walker Award: Best poster in Biology by an American
student – Ms. Krystal Hamlett.
- 1st Prize: Mr. Vincent Asiago.
- 2nd Prize: Ms. Olivia Mallory.
- 3rd Prize: Ms. Loveland Jones.
Prizes (Physics, Mathematics & Computer
- 1st Prize: Ms. Maya Johnson
- 2nd Prize: Ms. Renee Oats
- 3rd Prize: Mr. Tolupe Odulesi
- National Science Foundation (NSF)
- Academic Affairs, Lincoln University.
- Drs. Langley, Major, Swinton
- Secretarial staff: Margo Tew, Dana Wallace, Gloria Anderson.
- Peer tutors: Renee Peterkin, Megan Paterson, Sheena Ellington,
Uzoma Chikwem, Grant Simmons.
University of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
1570 Baltimore Pike, P.O. Box 179, Lincoln University, PA 19352 \